Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Next Up.... SEATTLE!

Bekah and I were up at 4am this morning in order to make it to our train from Eugene to Portland.  Darcy and Mike saw us off, and I thought it was totally awesome that they said I could come back anytime!  I would be surprised if I didn't take them up on that at some point.  Oregon was fabulous, and I'm sure that has everything to do with their hospitality :D

Once we got into Portland we went to this donut shop that my friend told us about called Voodoo Donuts, and omg if you're ever in Eugene or Portland you HAVE GOT to check it out!  They have donuts with literally every type of toppings possible!  I got the maple glaze donut with bacon on top, and it was awesome!  I kind of enjoyed the sweet/smokey flavor  :D

We spent the rest of our layover exploring basically every single coffee shop and record store in all of Portland.  (I think Bekah might have finally gotten tired of drinking chai tea lattes ;)

Our next stop was Seattle!  We got in and had an interesting trek through the city with all our luggage (I swear we're both going to pack SO MUCH lighter next time we travel!  I'll totally pack what I need, and not one thing more!)

After about a mile, we hopped on the ferry, which we made literally moments before it left, and headed off.  Our hosts picked us up about an hour after our boat landed, and they brought us back to their house.  These are the most dedicated CouchSurfer hosts we've stayed with yet!  Today, counting Bekah and I, they have 12 couchsurfers staying with them, and from at least four different countries!

It's a full house, but you know, I totally love how there's constant laughter.  There are so many conversations going, so many people meeting each other, so many stories being shared, and so many jokes being told.... it's a great way to live!  I definitely want to open my house up like this... you know, once I get a house.  Kind of an important step there I think ;)

So that's going to be all for tonight.  I'm going to go be a social butterfly now :D

Rebekah









No comments:

Post a Comment