Thursday, July 5, 2012


New Friends, New Experiences 

So Sacramento right?  Bekah and I were talking while we were in LA, and we were like, “Why are we going to Sacramento again?”  We weren’t even sure what was here, but you know, it turned out to be one of the best stops on our trip!  For totally different reasons than all of our other stops though.

We stopped in Tucson because Bekah’s family lives there.  We stopped in San Diego for the beaches, and in LA for Disneyland.  We chose Sacramento because we wanted to go somewhere for the 4th of July where we would be able to see some really great fireworks.  However, this stop turned out to be so much more valuable than that.

Our host here in Sacramento is a pastor, and the day Bekah and I arrived happened to be the day that they had their weekly college age worship night at the church.  He invited us, and we decided that it would be fun to go.

The people we met at this worship night were just amazing, and God worked it our so we’d get to see them again.   Yesterday, the 4th, our hosts held a barbecue for all of the college students from their church, and almost all of the people we met at the worship night were there!

We had so much fun hanging out, eating, swimming, playing Just Dance, and of course, setting off fireworks!  It’s one thing to go somewhere and watch a gorgeous display, but there’s something different about setting them off yourself with a bunch of friends.  It’s definitely not as glamorous, but I loved running around with sparklers and squealing with delight when a fire cracker I had just lit exploded into a million (well three) different colors!  It was a totally different experience than we were expecting, but it's one that I wouldn't trade for a front row seat at the most prestigious 4th of July firework display.  

I'm so thankful that we had the opportunity to do more than site see here in Sacramento!  You can do that anywhere, and at any time, but to meet so many people who share your faith all at once... that's pretty special!  I know that I'm going to value the friendship of these people for years to come, and that's way more important than taking some fabulous pictures of fireworks, at least in my book!

I think the theme of this blog is people.  Meeting, loving, and hearing them. I love that that has been the story of this trip, and I pray that one day it will be the story of my life.  Thanks for reading :)

Rebekah

1 comment:

  1. I love reading how God is working the details of your trip! Much like your entire life story!!

    ReplyDelete