Saturday, July 14, 2012


On the Road Again

This morning was our last ride on the ferry!  I really liked taking the ferry twice a day because it was super relaxing.  Bekah and I decided that the hour in the morning was perfect for doing hair, makeup, and Bible studies, and the hour ride back was perfect for unwinding from the day and reading a book.  I would love to set aside two hours a day for relaxing purposes, but I really don’t think that’s practical… especially while I’m at school!

It makes me wonder though, what would society be like if people actually took time to relax and rejuvenate after a stressful day?   Everyone is always so crazy busy that it’s become the norm for people to be stressed, but it isn’t supposed to be normal!  God rested when he needed it, and as we are made in his image, shouldn’t we make it a priority to follow his example?  I think the answer is yes, but I doubt I’ll be able to follow my own advice when classes get in full swing this fall! 

Anyway, Bekah and I definitely relaxed on our last day in Seattle!  We went to the theater with a fellow couchsurfer and watched Ice Age Continental Drift.  It was really good, not as good as previous ones, but I enjoyed it very much :D

We decided that we were in the mood for pizza after the movie, so we found this super cute pizza parlor where you could create your own custom pizza (for like $6!), and it was so good!  My pizza had pepperoni and artichokes and some other random stuff on it, and I thought it was scrumptious.  The guy tried to get me to try anchovies, but I wasn’t feeling quite that adventurous! 

Instead of lugging our suitcases up the mercilous hills for the next 30 minutes, Bekah convinced me to spring for a taxi, and I’m very happy that we did!  Now we’re sitting here waiting for our train, which should get here in about two hours…. If it isn’t delayed again ;) 

I’m posting the pictures of us actually sitting on Kevin’s motorcycle, enjoy!

Rebekah
Bad to the Bone!

Nananananaaaaa!


1 comment:

  1. I so enjoy reading about your adventures. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete