Friday, June 29, 2012

Going Crazy

I got to check out Point Loma Nazarene University for my sister today!  I was really excited that I was able to do that while I'm in San Diego because it's pretty far to fly up to California from Texas just to visit a school!  (Not that that's much worse than when I flew from South Carolina to Michigan just to look at my school.... but we won't talk about that right now ;)

When we first got to the school, I was like, "Oh man, I thought I was done with college visits.  This is going to be weird!" blah blah blah, whatever.  It totally wasn't weird though!  It took me like two minutes after getting on the campus to be like, "Forget it!"  I mean seriously, I'm not the one going here.  No one's even going to remember me!  So if I'm all weird and touristy and taking pictures of everything.... who cares!  It's all for my sister and she needs to see the campus—she needs pictures!  Lots and lots of pictures!!  So who am I to deprive her of them? ;)

After that, I totally went crazy and took pictures of everything!  I took pictures of the ocean view.  I took pictures of the outside and insides of buildings.  I took LOADS of pictures in the cafeteria (which was very interesting because there was a camp going on, and they were all at lunch at the same time as me and Bekah so the cafeteria was totally crowded while I'm there strolling around snapping pictures of all the different stations and the food and stuff.)  It was totally a blast!

After lunch, Bekah and I went and met up with the prospective students tour of the campus.  I'm not gonna lie, it was weird to be back on that side of things again!  Going through the dorms and stuff was pretty cool, but I found that I liked my own campus a bit better no matter what they had at Point Loma. (That's probably just because I'm used to Hope though.  PLNU is totally a nice school, and Sarah, if you're reading this, I totally approve of you trying to go there!)

One of the coolest parts of the day was meeting up with Pastor Mark who is a professor at PLNU as well as the Pastor of the Nazarene church that the San Diego Coalition for the Homeless that Bekah and I worked at on Tuesday is run out of.  He ended up giving us a little tour of his own, which mostly consisted of random facts and legends about the school.  (I was totally ok with that btw!)

Apparently, a lady used to own the property that Point Loma is on, and she's remembered as the Turtle Lady.  This is because she thought she was going to be reincarnated as a turtle after she died so she built the steps up to her house long and narrow so her turtle flippers could carry her up to the front door.... yeah personally I think that lady spent a little to much time down the hill at the beach!  Now her house is used for a bunch of classrooms, so when there's a mysterious squeak or something the professors are like, "It's the Turtle Lady!" Well, at least that's what Pastor Mark does to his students. ;)

Anyway, I really liked touring the campus and meeting some cool professors and students!  I would love to take a class with Pastor Mark (Professor Wright) because he likes to tell jokes all the time, but he also knows exactly what he's talking about.  In my opinion, that's the best combination for a professor!

It was really fun to just cut loose and go a little crazy with pictures today.  It was a good reminder that I shouldn't take myself seriously all the time because you know what?  Nobody else does!  So cut loose, have fun, dance around and take pictures in the middle of a crowded cafeteria.... you'll be glad that you did :)

Rebekah      


Point Loma map!
Point Loma ocean view w/cross
Point Loma ocean view w/plants
Point Loma grilled cheese sandwich w/salad (aka my lunch!)
I don't think this picture needs to be explained!!
Sarah, don't worry!  You'll never run out of pens.... I checked and they have plenty ;)
They also have plenty of monsters!  Mostly because they hid them for the week that the middle schoolers were on campus for their camp!  PLNU people totally have their priorities straight ;)
Oh! and last but not least, they have your favorite type of poptart!


You're welcome for all of this totally irrelevant information!  Enjoy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment