Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Hurried (and belated) Update

Hey Everyone!

Thank you so much for your patience with me over the past few weeks.  I haven't been posting because I've been super busy with my internship, but that's definitely a good thing!  I really love the organization I'm with as well as the work I'm doing.  :)

For those of you who don't know... I'm working with a consulting firm that specializes in leadership development.  Basically, they get called into a various companies when a leader is having a difficult time connecting with his/her subordinates and efficiency and moral is suffering.  The consultants will then facilitate training workshops, team building exercises, and coaching sessions, and provide feedback to managers and employees.  They customize a sustainable solution that will allow everything to run optimally.  It's pretty cool, and the best part is that they let me be a part of everything they do!

Whether it's sitting in on meetings and interviews, researching new leadership approaches, editing proposals, finding and "mastering" new programs, or running (very basic) statistical analyses, they invite me to be a part of everything.  I love that!  Also, whenever I ask if I can be in on something, I'm always surprised by how open they are.  As long as it's appropriate and the clients agree—I'm in!  I'm already learning a lot, and I know there's so much more for me to figure out :D

In addition to my internship, other things in Philly are also going well.  I've been trying to take advantage of living here by experiencing as many different things as possible.   I've gotten to go to a lot of places including the zoo, the orchestra, the Liberty Bell, and the art museum. I've also gotten to try THE MOST amazing food!  I love that every time I walk to work, I pass half a dozen coffee shops, seven different ethnic restaurants, four chains, at least ten dessert shops and convenience stores, and so many nail salons and boutiques.  I really love the diversity and convenience of living in a city!

My goal for the next good-weather weekend we have is to spend an entire day in Chinatown.  I want to buy random food, shop at the underground market, go into little shops, and (maybe) even revive my broken Chinese :D  It will be awesome and I can't wait!

I can't believe I've already been in Philly for six weeks... time really does fly!  Only eight weeks left...yikes! This is crazy!  I want to stay in Philly forever :)

Rebekah

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have an update on the internship. Explore and enjoy Philly!!!

    ReplyDelete